Skip to main content

Naina's Diary - Part 2

Naina's Diary - Part 2

Read Part 1 Here



Dear Diary,

I felt bad yesterday for badly behaving with him. That incident kept me awake all night,so I decided to confront him again today. I went to his office before going to mine, the bearded fellow was seating comfortably even after making a bad impression on me with his unkempt appearance. He stood from his chair after looking at me and said, " He told me that you will come." His words shocked me he wasn't the letter writing guy then why that uncle looking man confronted me in his place. If he was not him, he was the reason for his lost opportunity.

He explained that he was his friend and forced him to do so because he wanted to see what was his image in my mind and how would I react to someone on a cycle. My behavior has broke his heart and he left from here after giving this letter. He refused to tell me about his identity but he promised me to inform whenever he would return. His situation further came in front of me after reading his letter. He said in it that he was hesitant to reveal himself because of his low financial status and my rejection after seeing him on cycle proved him right. He said that he loved me and would always do so till the end of his life.

I was angry at his stupidity he should know that I recognized the internet cafe guy who was well to do and was only annoyed of his beard it has nothing to do with financial status but I thought now that I should have told the bearded internet cafe owner to shave first before chasing a girl. My straightforward 'no' misinterpreted my reasons. That mystery letter guy was gone now ,I don't know whether he shave or like his friend kept a beard but I will never forget him in my life. 

To be continued ...

This post is a part of #WillYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette

Comments

  1. An unexpected twist....waiting for the next part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bang on post and characterization cum nuances plus twist make it a compelling read. Can't wait for next part:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cifar,
    I have accepted your tag for #WillYouShave campaign (here)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitter Bread

Bitter Bread
Bread,doubleroti,pao,bun or we call it with any other name; it is the part of our breakfast which completes our daily routine. This ready to eat item is popular with egg and butter but the recent study by Centre For Science and Environment (CSE) have turned this must breakfast eatable bitter. 
CSE conducted test on various samples collected from different part of the capital belonging to different brands. They found 84% samples test positive for potassium bromate and potassium iodate after tests on 38 varieties which include Britannia,Harvest Gold,KFC, McDonalds, Domino's Pizza and Subway. These revelations are shocking and disturbing as all of us have eaten from one of these brands. It should also be noted that these two substances which are used to soften breads and enhance their color and texture namely potassium bromate and potassium iodate are banned in many countries of the world after a study conducted in the 90's. These substances however are not harmful a…

Hindi Hain Hum Watan Hai Hindustan Hamara?

Hindi Hain Hum Watan Hai Hindustan Hamara? (Part 3 of India Series) Previous Parts : Part 1: India In Danger? ; Part 2 : Bharat Humko Jaan Se Pyara Hai? The following post is part of Indispire Edition 25 at Indiblogger
(Inter - Religion marriage still taboo among Indians ? What is your take on it .)

We as Indians are still confused for our cultural identity i.e who we are as residents of this country. Hindu,Hindustani,Indian,Bharatiya,Hindi or something else. When there is so much struggle in conveying our identity then how people who consider even inter-caste marriages as taboo would accept Inter - Religion marriages. We are all united under our constitution which make all of us equal and grants freedom to follow any religion. An adult individual thus holds the freedom to choose his or her partner regardless to any religion.The constitution also declares India as Bharat or India and not as Hindustan which denotes its secular identity not related to a particular religion. How a Chris…

An Ode To Teachers

An Ode To Teachers.


Teachers play an important role in shaping our life. If you are among privileged who took formal education or even when you are among the non-educated there are people in your life who teach you something or the other in course of journey of life. Apart from life I have learnt many things from many teachers I encountered in life whether it’s about subject like Science, History, Literature, Geography or things helpful in daily life which make us more experience. 
Naming any one teacher will devalue the contribution of others. So I restrict myself from naming anybody and before going further with the topic I like to remember my English teacher whose death news I have heard recently. He taught me English from Seventh to Tenth class. He depends on his life experiences while teaching than on bookish knowledge. We used to enjoy his classes. I was a bright student and teacher’s favorite but on two occasions in my school life I got slapped. Once in first class when as a m…